NOTHING HAS CHANGED

NOTHING HAS CHANGED

Remember the bed sheet cape we wore?
I told you I could fly, I did.....
to a completely new place, a new land
and you waited,
Wished that I would come back,
keeping your gaze fixed
at every shooting star that passed by.
What you couldn't have imagined,
How shocking it must have been,
When you heard I got a hostel...
Into how many fragments,
must have your heart fallen apart.
How much did you long for me?
You and your broken heart.

No more quarrels over the TV remote,
No more races to reach the kitchen first.

When the ghost of darkness comes and scares,
Who shall come and fight your fears?
How will you manage your homework?
Who shall complete it for you when you're asleep?
Who shall bandage your wounds and keep your secrets hidden?
Who shall boss over you, call you "my little" ?
And I remember when you hung up abruptly,
When you learnt I didn't text you last night.
You said you didn't want to talk,
Again it ended up in a fight!

You were the first audience 
to my singing performance.
Late night critic of my written piece
I knew you weren't getting a word 
but you listened with ease.
First judge to my dance solo.
How deep was your affection,
"I'LL BE THERE ", My words so hollow.
And my chemistry equations
I performed the dangerous experiment
 of learning them
first on you.
And during revision hours,
you remembered them all through.
Remember when I draped you in a saree?
You looked so cute.
That charm still echo's in the silence of my solitude.
Your weird taste in Punjabi songs
I find myself humming those lyrics, yes,
At times, to those tunes I dance.

I am sorry, all of a sudden,
I left you all by yourself,
A broken heart, a bag- full of memories, pictures,
independence and hate for myself.
Yet not to my surprise,
When I come back home,
You meet me with the same innocence and Of course,
Your drawing file in your hands,
Pages yet to be completed
Half with colourful brush strokes
And half waiting to be appreciated.

Nothing has Changed.

Comments

  1. awesome write up! extremely heart touching i got stirred in d poem like anything😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's soo beautifully written! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooooooooo much .......❤😘

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts