Remembrance

Dear friend,
Will "I remember you often." compensate for each unsaid "I miss you".

I.

For when I went into the attic of my thoughts-
I tumbled upon a sack of memories today.
I looked around
On the ground
Amidst the fears; where I lay,
I drew a promisory note from the past,
Which spelled forevers,
The ones that didn't last.
And then memories and time
Started nipping my mind.

II.

My clenched fists now
Smell of dead assurances,
They have turned into graves-
Catacombs of hollow pledges.
My language now spews no words,
As my tongue has lost its means.
My eyes are vast deserts,
Where my shrieks go unheard,
They shuffle off the mortal coil in the middle of ordinary words.

III.

So when you ask for me stay ,
I remember a hollow whisper:
"Everything will be okay."
Tell me what do I say;
When I know that my own words have failed me
every yesterday.
I can't tell you that I have missed you.
I give my share of memories to you,
Today, let my remembrance say.

Comments

Popular Posts